PVNC Catholic seeking volunteer community members for Audit Committee
Nov. 20, 2023
Peterborough Victoria Northumberland and Clarington (PVNC) Catholic District School Board is currently seeking two community members with financial expertise and business knowledge to volunteer to serve on the Audit Committee for a three-year term, effective January 2024.
The Audit Committee is composed of three trustees and two independent members from the community at large. The primary role of the Audit Committee is to assist the Board of Trustees in fulfilling its duties related to governance and oversight in the following key areas:
- Financial reporting process
- Internal control framework
- Risk management practices
- Performance and function of the Board’s internal and external auditors
- Board compliance with its legislated obligations
The committee meets three nights a year in a hybrid model (in-person or online via Google Meet).
- Have accounting, senior financial management or other relevant business experience.
- Have an understanding of public sector accounting and auditing standards.
- Cannot be an employee of PVNC Catholic or any other school board or school authority.
- Cannot have a parent/guardian, child, or spouse currently employed by PVNC Catholic.
Qualified candidates interested in serving on the Audit Committee are invited to submit a letter of interest and résumé to Superintendent of Business and Finance, Sean Heuchert at email@example.com by 3:00 p.m. on December 22, 2023.
We would like to thank all candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.