The Board provides education to approximately 15,000 students in 30 elementary and six secondary school communities within an area of 10,000 square km.
That area includes the City of Peterborough, the County of Peterborough, the City of Kawartha Lakes (formerly called Victoria County), Northumberland County, and the Municipality of Clarington.
Working with our transportation partners, the Board transports approximately 9,200 students daily.
We acknowledge that the land we gather and learn on every day is the traditional territory of the Mississauga Anishnaabe. We do this out of great respect for the Williams Treaty First Nations Peoples who continue to care for and teach us about this land.
Facts and Figures
- 30 elementary schools
- 6 secondary schools
- 10,357 elementary students
- 4,716 secondary students
- 948 academic staff*
- 315 occasional academic staff
- 557 support staff (CUPE)*
- 108 administrative staff (including supervisory officers, administrative support, principals and vice-principals)
- 254 temporary support staff
*Full time Equivalent
- Total operating and capital budget is $185,710,739 million