The Board provides education to approximately 15,000 students in 30 elementary and six secondary school communities within an area of 10,000 square km.
That area includes the City of Peterborough, the County of Peterborough, the City of Kawartha Lakes (formerly called Victoria County), Northumberland County, and the Municipality of Clarington.
Working with our transportation partners, the Board transports approximately 9,200 students daily.
We acknowledge that the land we gather and learn on every day is the traditional territory of the Mississauga Anishnaabe. We do this out of great respect for the Williams Treaty First Nations Peoples who continue to care for and teach us about this land.
Facts and Figures
(updated Sept. 6, 2023)
- 30 elementary schools
- 6 secondary schools
- 10,143 elementary students
- 4,805 secondary students
- 852 academic staff*
- 413 occasional academic staff
- 546 support staff (CUPE)*
- 135 administrative staff (including supervisory officers, administrative support, principals and vice-principals)
- 380 temporary support staff
*Full time Equivalent
- Consolidated Operating Budget for 2023-2024 is $211,257,900.