NEW: 2021 Special Education Summer Learning Programs
Camp AIM Program – July 5 – July 23, 2021 – Online
Eligibility: Students currently in Grades 1 to 8 who have been referred by school principal
A three (3) week Summer Learning Program – Literacy and Numeracy Camp, is being offered, at no cost to children currently in Grades 1 to 8. At Camp AIM, students will experience three (3) fun-filled weeks of virtual learning.
Grade 7 & 8 Camp AIM will focus on the numeracy skills needed for the transition to de-streamed Grade 9 Math.
Space is limited for this program. Registration deadline is June 21, 2021.
Ojibwe Language and Culture Summer Program – July 5 – July 23, 2021 – Online
Eligibility: Students currently in Grades 1 to 5
This three (3) week program will offer an introduction to Ojibwe language and culture. Students will learn to introduce themselves in Ojibwe and engage in simple oral communication. Each day, there will be two (2) hours of synchronous learning and three (3) hours of asynchronous learning. Students will also learn Anishnaabe stories, songs and ways of being. This program is being offered for students currently in Grade 1 to Grade 5.
Registration deadline is June 21, 2021.
Transition to Secondary School – July 5 – July 30, 2021 – Online
Eligibility: Students currently in Grade 8
Through this four (4) week course, students currently in Grade 8 and heading to secondary school in September will have the opportunity to earn a secondary school Learning Strategies credit towards graduation. This Grade 9 Learning Strategies Course (GLS1OV): Skills for Success in Secondary School focuses on the development of knowledge and skills that can help all students achieve success in secondary school.
Grade 8 PVNC students, please register for secondary summer school courses using myBlueprint
Registration deadline is June 28, 2021, at 4 p.m.
Reach Ahead Opportunities for students entering Grade 9
- Grade 10 Civics and/or Careers (each course is worth a half credit) – Visit the Summer School 2021 Online Courses. Email email@example.com to learn more about this opportunity.
- Grade 8 PVNC students, please register for secondary summer school courses using myBlueprint
- Community Involvement – Students entering Grade 9 in September 2021 have an opportunity to get a head-start to earning Community Involvement Hours. Get started and lend a hand to your community today!
Deadline for registration is June 28, 2021, at 4:00 p.m.
PVNC students, please register for Secondary e-Learning Summer School courses by using myBlueprint
Non-PVNC students, please register for Summer School by using this Registration Link
- *Non-PVNC students in grade 9 or higher must submit a current secondary school transcript or credit counselling summary by email, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org; or upload via the Registration Link
- Instructions for using the Registration Link
Cooperative Education: Open to Grade 10, 11 and 12 PVNC students
|Course Code||Credits/Hours||Program Dates|
|COOP1||One (1) Credit – 110 hours||July 5 – July 30, 2021|
|COOP2||Two (2) Credit – 220 hours||July 5 – August 13, 2021|
- The Co-operative Education Program is being offered to PVNCCDSB Grade 10, 11 or 12 students only
- To ensure student safety due to COVID-19, PVNCCDSB reserves the right to offer the entire Summer School Co-operative Education Program online for the 2021 year. (If online, COOP will be limited to one credit.)
- Students will be required to secure a safe work placement PRIOR to June 29.
- The online course content modules will be offered via the D2L system. Students will receive the online orientation tutorial on the week of June 28, 2021.
- In addition to the registration, using MyBluePrint, students must complete the Work Education Agreement (WEA) Form, and the Continuing Education sign-off form (print to PDF from myBlueprint).
- Submit both forms (listed above) by email to email@example.com (please include “COOP 1” or “COOP 2” in the subject line) on or before June 28, 2021.*
- Applications received after June 28, 2021 will NOT be considered.