SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR 2023
Camp AIM Program – July 10 – July 28, 2023
Eligibility: Students currently in Grades 1 to 6 who have been referred by the school principal
A three (3) week Summer Learning Program – Literacy and Numeracy Camp, is being offered, at no cost to children currently in Grades 1 to 6. At Camp AIM, students will experience three (3) fun-filled weeks of literacy and numeracy learning.
Space is limited for this program.
Registration will open again in May 2024.
Transition to Secondary School – July 4 – July 31, 2023 – e-Learning
Eligibility: Students currently in Grade 8 and starting Grade 9 in September 2023
Through this four (4) week course, students currently in Grade 8 and heading to secondary school in September will have the opportunity to earn a secondary school e-Learning Learning Strategies credit towards graduation. This Grade 9 Learning Strategies Course (GLS1OV): Skills for Success in Secondary School focuses on the development of knowledge and skills that can help all students achieve success in secondary school. This credit counts towards the e-Learning graduation requirement.
Grade 8 PVNC students, please register for secondary summer school courses using myBlueprint
Reach Ahead Opportunities for students entering Grade 9
- Transition Program (see above)
- Grade 10 Civics and/or Careers (each course is worth a half credit).
- Grade 8 PVNC students, please register for secondary summer school courses using myBlueprint
- Community Involvement – Students entering Grade 9 in September 2023 have an opportunity to get a head start on earning Community Involvement Hours. Get started and lend a hand to your community today!
Registration will open again in April 2024
PVNC students, please register for Secondary Summer School courses by using myBlueprint
- PVNC Summer School 2023 Course Offerings
- Credit Recovery and Credit Upgrade in Mathematics is in-person at St. Peter in Peterborough or St. Stephen in Bowmanville
- Online Credit Recovery and Credit Upgrade is available for English and Science courses
- Instructions for myBlueprint
Non-PVNC students, please register for Summer School by using this Registration Link.
- *Non-PVNC students in grade 9 or higher must submit a current secondary school transcript or credit counselling summary by email, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org; or upload via the Registration Link
- Instructions for Registering for Summer School
Cooperative Education: Registration is Closed
Open to Grade 10, 11 and 12 PVNC students
|Course Code||Credits/Hours||Program Dates|
|COOP1||One (1) Credit – 110 hours||July 4 – July 31, 2023|
|COOP2||Two (2) Credit – 220 hours||July 4– August 11, 2023|
- The Co-operative Education Program is being offered to PVNCCDSB Grade 10, 11 or 12 students only
- Students will be required to secure a safe work placement PRIOR to June 27.
- The online course content modules will be offered via the D2L system. Students will receive the online orientation tutorial during the week of June 26, 2023.
- In addition to the registration, using MyBluePrint, students must complete the Work Education Agreement (WEA) Form, and the Continuing Education sign-off form (print to PDF from myBlueprint).
- Submit both forms (listed above) by email to email@example.com (please include “COOP 1” or “COOP 2” in the subject line) on or before June 26, 2023.*
- Applications received after June 26, 2023, will NOT be considered.