Welcome to the Peterborough Victoria Northumberland and Clarington (PVNC) Catholic District School Board Registration page.
If you are looking to register a student in a PVNC Catholic elementary or secondary school, you have found the right place. Whether you are starting your journey with us in Kindergarten or transferring from another school board to attend a PVNC Catholic elementary or secondary school, this page will walk you through the first steps in the online registration process.
If you have all the information you need and are ready to start online registration, please proceed to the “Begin the Online Registration Process” section below
For families registering for our Kindergarten program, we encourage you to take advantage of the information and resources available on our Kindergarten page before returning to this page to start the registration process.
If space is available, our Catholic elementary schools welcome families of all faiths and any secondary school-aged student within the Board’s jurisdiction may choose to attend a Catholic secondary school. For more information on our admission procedure, please review: Administrative Procedure 206 – Admission to Catholic Schools.
When you enrol your child in Kindergarten, they remain enrolled at the school until the end of Grade 8.
When your child is in Grade 8, they will receive a registration package for the secondary school in their catchment area. This registration package will include instructions for registration in secondary school, details on parent nights, opportunities for tours, any required forms, and essential dates and details.
Finding your school
Use our school finder tool to find your child’s Catholic school based on your home address. If you are interested in a French Immersion program, select “French Immersion” under the program drop-down menu to find the Catholic school that offers French immersion in your catchment area.
Student Transportation Services of Central Ontario (STSCO) coordinates home-to-school transportation for eligible students in the City and County of Peterborough, Northumberland County, and Municipality of Clarington. To find out if your child is eligible based on your home address or for any other busing information, visit: stsco.ca
Trillium Lakelands District School Board (TLDSB) oversees home-to-school transportation for eligible students within the City of Kawartha Lakes. To find out if your child is eligible based on your home address or for any other busing information, visit: www.mybustoschool.ca
You may register for one of our school’s at any point during the school year. Our schools close during the summer months. Elementary schools reopen and begin processing registrations for the coming school year in the third week of August. Secondary schools reopen in the last week of August.
Kindergarten registration for the following school year begins the third week in January. For more information on registration time periods, please contact your local Catholic school.
For information on Extended Day Programs for Kindergarten students, Before and After School Programs for 6 -12 years olds, and Full Day programs offered in childcare centres in our schools, click here.
Begin the Online Registration Process
All elementary and secondary registrations begin online using the same registration process through our Online Registration Portal Link.
We have provided a guide to assist new and existing users below.
Please note: If you are registering more than one child, you must complete an online registration form for each child.
Through this online registration process, we will be gathering information on behalf of your local Catholic school.
This is the first step in the registration process. Filling out this online form does not mean your child has been enrolled in the school. Registration is completed at the school level. Upon completing this form, please contact the school to arrange the next steps in the registration process, which will include the verification of required documents.
Online Registration Guide
Existing Users, Login to Account
Parents/guardians with existing parent portal accounts (i.e. if you have previously logged in to view report cards or timetables) can login to their School Site and select the “Online Student Registration” from the Main Menu.
First Time Users, Create Account
If this is your first time using the Student Registration Portal and you have not yet created an account, please begin by creating an account.
- On the Student Registration login screen, click on the ‘Create Account’ button.
- On the Register New Account page, fill in the fields provided and click the ‘Create Account’ button.
- An activation link will be sent to the email address provided. You must click on the activation link in your email before your account can be activated. If you did not receive the link in your inbox please check your Spam folder.
- Once your account has been activated, login, select your child’s school from the drop down menu and then click “Open” to start a new registration.
- If you receive a “failed to register new account” error, the system recognizes your email address and you may already have an existing parent portal account. Please log into your Parent Portal account and use the Online Registration link to start a new registration.
Returning Users, Login
- If you have previously set up your student registration portal account, enter your email address and password and click the ‘Sign in’ button.
- If you have forgotten your password, click the ‘Forgot Password?’ Link on the student registration login page. Enter your email address and click the ‘Submit’ button. Follow the instructions in your email to reset your password.
- Login with your email address and new password.
As a final step, once the online form is complete, parents/guardians will need to contact the school to arrange a visit to provide the following information:
- Proof of your child’s age, using one of birth certificate, passport, or immigration papers
- Your child’s (or the parent’s) Catholic Baptismal Certificate (if applicable)
- Your child’s immunization record
- Proof of Residency (utility bill, property tax bill, phone bill)
- Details about your child’s medical conditions and/or medication requirements, such as allergic reactions or physical disabilities
- Custody documents (if applicable)