Updated April 29, 2022
The Ministry of Education has released a comprehensive plan to strengthen learning recovery in language and math for the students of Ontario. One of the key pillars of that plan is a focus on tutoring. As a school board, we are offering a variety of Board-administered tutoring opportunities for our students, and school principals and teachers will be sharing these opportunities with students and families directly.
Some families may be currently accessing or considering support for their child(ren) through recognized tutoring companies outside school.
As part of our learning recovery plan, Peterborough Victoria Northumberland and Clarington (PVNC) Catholic District School Board will cover the cost of all recognized tutoring services between April 1, 2022 and July 31, 2022.
PVNC has begun to partner with recognized tutoring companies for tutoring provided to PVNC students. PVNC will pay the invoice submitted by the tutoring company. Parents are not required to pay the tutoring companies directly.
Tutoring Companies that have currently signed contracts with PVNC are listed below. Please contact one of the tutoring companies below to enroll your child and arrange for a consultation. The list below will be updated as new companies come onboard. There are both virtual and in person options available at most locations:
- Dropkick Math Academy: email@example.com
- Bowmanville Oxford Learning Centre 289-809-0548 : firstname.lastname@example.org (Currently not accepting new students)
- Courtice Oxford Learning Centre: 647-694-7093 email@example.com (Currently not accepting new students)
- Kumon Learning Bowmanville: 289-276-2767 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Clark’s Reading Centre: email@example.com or (905) 666-5566
- Kumon Learning: Peterborough firstname.lastname@example.org or (705) 741-6286
- Study Partners Tutoring email@example.com or 1 833-788-3987 Cobourg: 289-252-0887
- Scholar Education Peterborough: Peterborough@scholarsed.com or (705) 742-4152
- Tutor Doctor: firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-523-0100
- Sylvan learning Centre: 905-725-6904 or email@example.com Offices in Bowmanville and Cobourg and Peterborough
New Companies added as of April 13/22:
- One Step Forward: Durham/Peterborough/Cobourg: 416-356-9722 osftutor.com
- Tutor Dr: Durham and Peterborough Region: (905) 963-0064 or 855-850-5319 www.tutordoctor.com
- Prep Academy Tutor: http://prepacademytutors.com 647-494-3065
- Kumon Math and Reading: Courtice 289-240-5757 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholars Education: Whitby (905) 655-0413 or email@example.com
- The Progressive Centre 289-255-1182 or www.theprogressivecentre.com
- Teachers on Call 416-519-8335 www.teachersoncall.ca Durham, Kawartha Lakes Peterborough, Northumberland (virtual and in person)
- Tutor Bright 416-853-1200 www.tutorbrightpartner.com Durham, Kawartha Lakes, Peterborough (virtual and in person)
Parents/Guardians that do not see a tutoring company listed may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org to have a company vetted and added to the list of recognized tutoring companies. Private Tutors are not eligible for re-imbursement
Tutoring for students prior to April 2022 and after July 31, 2022 will not be compensated by the PVNC Catholic District School Board.
Questions regarding tutoring can be directed to the PVNC Catholic District School Board at 1-800-461-8009 or 705-748-4861 extension 1227 or email@example.com
Please check back regularly to see for any new updates as new companies are being added regularly.