Updated Sept. 1, 2020
Whether students are returning this September in-person to the classroom or opting for remote learning in our Virtual School, the mental health and wellbeing of our students and staff is paramount.
PVNC will implement a tiered approach for mental health supports that will capture all students and target intensive help to those who have been most affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.
We will continue to collaborate with child and youth mental health agencies to support strong connections and make the best use of mental health resources and supports across the integrated system of care.
It is important that families have access to the resources they need to support their children during this time. The resources on this portal are intended to provide some information and support to assist parents with challenging conversations and to support positive mental health and wellbeing in partnership with your child’s classroom teacher and the supports available at the school and board level for both in-person and remote learners.
School Mental Health Ontario
School Mental Health Ontario provides excellent mental health resources year-round for students, parents and families. Here are three important links for families to consider at this time:
- How to support children to feel mentally well, grow up happy and to learn how to navigate life’s challenges
- How to support student mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic and Return to School
- 12 easy and fun mental health practices to try with your children at home
Kids Help Phone is Canada’s only 24/7, national support service, offering professional counselling, information and referrals and volunteer-led, text-based support to young people in both English and French.
A hub of resources to help you take care of yourself and look out for the people you love during this challenging time.
UPDATED Other Mental Health Resources:
- Bouncing Back Resilience Resource
- Self Reg A Parent’s Guide
- 10 Creative Ways to Relieve Anxiety during Coronavirus
- Help Explain the Coronavirus and Social Distancing to Children